Like what you read? Subscribe to Overthread now! I'm on overthread!

Friday, April 4, 2008

Mango Cake Disaster



Some days ago, my mum bought a bag of fresh mangoes from the backseat of someone's car! LOL! She bought like 10 if I'm not mistaken. They were all sweet mangoes, so I'm not surprised that after 10 days, only 1 is left in the fruit basket. =P So I thought it'd be great if I could make a mango cake with it.

I used the same sponge cake recipe as the banana, coffe, chocolate cake. But this time, I just used vanilla for flavouring. And it tasted soooo gooood!! I decided to use lemon frosting to stick the mangoes on the sponge cake... But my sister, who is helping me in the kitchen, had accidently added too much water into the mixture. So it sort of lost it's frosting thickness. Throwing it would be a waste. So I just dumped it on the cake with the mangoes.

The cake didn't really turn out like how I pictured it to be; but as much as I am disappointed with the frosting, it does taste nice! I may use the same frosting recipe for my other baking projects. Just that this time... I have to pay closer attention to the amount of water used.

Lemon Frosting
2 tablespoon butter
2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1 tsp lemon zest
1 tablespoon boiling water
200g powdered sugar

Beat butter until fluffy. Gradually introduce sugar into mixture. Add water, lemon zest and lemon juice. Serve immediately.

I didn't put any photos of the cake because... you know by now the reason why. =(

0 new ideas: