Like what you read? Subscribe to Overthread now! I'm on overthread!

Thursday, March 27, 2008

How To Make A Banana, Coffee, Chocolate Cake



I baked something today. It's a banana, coffee, chocolate cake. HAHAHAHA! My own recipe! I am so proud of myself. I think I'm getting the hang of this! Baking is major fun! I took a simple recipe online as a guideline. It called for a 200g of white sugar! But I switched it to 150g brown sugar instead.




Main Ingredients of Cake:
3 eggs
200g flour
150g brown sugar
150g butter
Vanilla essence
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 -2 tablespoon vegetable oil (to make cake moist)

For flavour:
Mashed Bananas.
Coffee.
Cocoa powder.

Directions:
Mix sugar with butter.
Next, add eggs one at a time.
Add the rest of the ingredients into mixture.
Pour batter into greased baking pan.
Bake for 20 to 30 minutes in 180 degrees celsius.
Let it cool for around 10 to 20 minutes before removing it from the baking pan.
Serve!

The flavours of the cake is totally up to you! You may want it to be just chocolate or just bananas, etc. For me, I went crazy with all the flavours I can find in the kitchen.

Some time ago, I tried Polar's local ice cream flavours. And I love love love the fusion taste of chocolate and lemon grass flavour! I think for the next baking project, I'd like to make a banana cake with some cloves... Or... even chocolate with lemon grass!

Yummy!

0 new ideas: