Like what you read? Subscribe to Overthread now! I'm on overthread!

Friday, February 29, 2008

Making a tote bag from used t-shirts



I am now working on my latest sewing project: making a tote bag out of 2 used t-shirts. I didn't take any photos of me working on it. But I'll post some photos of the finished product.

I'm currently in the middle stages: neither here nor there. There's a lot of pinnings to do. And by the time I'm done with it, my thumb felt so sore. :(

Got myself to learn how to operate my grandmother's antic sewing machine. Looks tricky. Quite frankly, this is the first time in a long time since I last operate a sewing machine! The last time was when I was in Secondary 1 during Home Economics lesson. Like I said previously, I rely heavily on manual hand stitching! :(

My agenda for the weekend is to bake an ice cream cake for my father's birthday. It will be my first time making an ice cream cake. Hope it turns out good. If it does, I'll be generous with the photos. Otherwise.... =P

0 new ideas: