Like what you read? Subscribe to Overthread now! I'm on overthread!

Sunday, December 28, 2008

Underwear and Barney



  1. Why are men's underwear sold in packages?
  2. Why is Barney called a pedophile?
1)
I never understood why men's underwear must come in boxes. Every time I go to the men's underwear section (and yes, I do browse men's underwear FOR MY BOYFRIEND!) I can't help but just wonder what kind of satisfaction these overgrown men just by looking at the boxes? Do photos of sexy bodied male model specimen on the box actually psychologically make them want to buy these things? And each time I visit this section in the mall, I'll always notice a couple of boxes opened and contents removed, perhaps to check the designs, texture or whatever you guys do to guage how good an underwear is. But yesterday I made another trip to that section, and I noticed an added convenience... they actually provided samples of the products on display.

Regardless, I still find it rather an annoyance and troublesome. They come packaged in standard colour combinations. You may like yellow and red, but not blue. And instead of having just red and yellow, they had blue and red. And yellow is paired with black. So what is a man to do but to secretly swap the contents with their favourite colours. Isn't this kind of stupid?


2)
Why is Barney called a pedophile?

People say its just a joke; because he hangs out too much with kids. But I don't see myself lauging at it. I loved watching the show as a child, and so do the kids today. So I don't get why must people associate an innocent child mascot with something so dirty?

0 new ideas: