Like what you read? Subscribe to Overthread now! I'm on overthread!

Friday, January 2, 2009

Personal Experience



I told my mother last night, I felt sad Abdullah Badawi is going to step down from office. I hate to see someone so nice to go down in history as someone bad. I see Malaysian politics as really aggresive, foul, impulsive, and only someone with a heart of steel can do the job of a Prime Minister. Abdullah Badawi is a nice man. There is no denying that he makes such a weak Prime Minister. And it is probably his 'too nice' approach in politics that led to his downfall. It was during his time as PM that the people in office (and oppositions) are now more vocal.

Abdullah Badawi tried to cut down on unnecessary expenditure (like the scenic bridge *cough* a particular predecessor *cough* so ngoyok want to have) and tried to end corruption and the huge mess left by *cough* a particular predecessor *cough*. He was the one who increased the salary of the country's civil servants. It was because of him, that people now want more transparency. It was because of him, that people saw how rude, barbaric, evil and corrupt government officers are in Malaysia.

I guess only the evil one survives in politics.

1 comment:

  1. No choice but to hope Najib can be a better PM. :)

    ReplyDelete

If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all...