Like what you read? Subscribe to Overthread now! I'm on overthread!

Sunday, May 3, 2009

You Must Be Stupid To Pay $12 For A Piece Of Chicken Wings



I had a conversation with a friend yesterday. And I complained to her how things in Singapore are so expensive. I don't mind paying $12 for a meal if the amount is comparative to the price; or at least tasted a 100 times better. Instead, I got everything in small quantity. I remembered clearly while I was in Adelaide, I paid $10 for a plate of rice with a single side dish. The dish was big enough to feed three people. I'm not saying I want to eat something of that size. But in Singapore, for the same amount of money, I can only get a small serving of rice with tiny amount of side dishes.

My frustrations is not just in the quality of food served, but also the quality of living. Housing now cost twice as much as it used to 20 years ago, for just a tiny living space. Plus, you don't even have a garden or a front porch. A four room house now has the space of a 3 room. And to top it off, the design of the interior is so family-unfriendly. Space is normally wasted by beams, and you only have one way to arrange your furniture.

I'm also pissed at the quality of merchandise. A handbag made to last for only a year cost $60!! Brandless clothes made of cotton or really cheap jersey go to about $25! A T-shirt made to stretch so crazy, cost at least $15! Stupid. I went to Uniqlo the other day, and was disgusted at the sight of their sandals/slippers. They're such an eyesore! I'd rather be seen in a pair of crocs than that piece of ugly shit. I didn't even bother to look at the price tag. But judging by the basic t-shirts they were selling, I guess it must have cost at least $25 to own a pair of an ugly looking thing for your feet. And btw, the t-shirts were not THAT amazing. But I must say the shirts are. HAHA! But I'm outraged at the price tags for those tees. How much do you thing is the actual cost of the t-shirts if they're selling it for $39? Again, I wouldn't mind splurging on a piece of t-shirt, if it doesn't stretch, colour doesn't run and it has nice motifs.

And this piece of information might probably piss off some of you. Diabetic medication in Australia cost 50 freaking cents! Here in Singapore it goes to about $70? I'm not sure. But it cost almost a hundred bucks. Ridiculous!

0 new ideas: