Like what you read? Subscribe to Overthread now! I'm on overthread!

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Greetings From Adelaide!




I was here in Adelaide since March 14. And unfortunately, all good things have to come to an end. I'll be making my way back this weekend. During my stay I've visited some of their tourist attractions and made some crazy purchases. I'm currently staying with my uncle and his family in Elizabeth. Its a suburb that's faraway from all of the attractions. So renting a car is essential.
My dad rented a beat up 8 seater car, that had an ugly yellow sticker of the company we rented it from. It looked like a delivery truck, and I am embarassed to be seen going in or out of the car. The doors had to be slammed shut or pulled with added violence to get the door to open! We didn't notice this before, but we soon came to realise the traffic police means business when the speed limit is 50km/h, or even 25km/h. You can't exceed that number! And I find it really hilarious when everyone sticks to their lanes, and obeyed the speed limit. And almost every junction there's always a red light camera. What a rigid country.
I love Australia for their meat pies, shopping for shoes of my size with ease and cooling weather. Other than that, I don't think I can live in such a rigid place, where everything is just slow, and all the shops closes at 6pm!! And the graffiti here is mostly disgusting. Its not tasteful art, but an eyesore. In Singapore, its called vandalism! We also went down to the train station, and it stinked of pee!!! YUCK!
Things like clothes and bags would usually cost around $30 and normally Made In China. Cooked food sells for $7 at a minimum. But for that amout, the portion of your food is ridiculously HUGE!
Ok, I gtg now. Its 10.35pm here in Adelaide; 8pm where my boyfriend lives in Singapore :). [I wanted to send you and online sms, but figured its 7pm on your side and you won't be around the computer to chat with me on MSN. Missing you!]
Its freezing at night. The lowest we've experienced so far was 16 degrees, and the highest 32 degrees!! CRAZY!
Bye!

0 new ideas: