Like what you read? Subscribe to Overthread now! I'm on overthread!

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

My Disappointment with the Malaysia Customs Building



I think Malaysia is just drowning in denial! I feel so sad for the Malaysians for having useless, bald headed, rude, big bellied, old farts, government officers. In the latest problem I have with them is... the freaking Sultan Iskandar Customs! For the past 20 years of my life, I have grown and accepted the fact that my country emphasize a lot on beauty rather than function! For example, the Malaysian High Commission in Singapore. It is beautiful on the outside. But to allow entrance into the building, we need to get our passes first. And to get this stupid pass, we had to walk quite a distance from the main building to the guard house in an unsheltered walkway. Recently, I went to the Indonesian Embassy and I was surprised to see covered taxi stands that leads to the Embassy and the guard house where we exchange our passes was located in the premises of the Embassy itself! Can you believe this?! My country, Malaysia, can do this to their citizens who paid and voted these bald heads into office?! Why don't you just rape me!!

All I have is pitiness for the government! The other day I read their local newspaper, The New Straits Time. It had no substance at all. Paid RM2 for so much gossips and local news. Where the fuck in the international news?! It is so little. No wonder your rakyat is so deep in denial! They are not informed of the world's news and development. They don't know that prices are rising everywhere. All they know is just suck you out of your government reserves. And you give in so much to them. Which is why you're always stuck in that rut! And you kept insisting you're prospering. All I see is your currency value in depleting! Why won't you just stop lying. And say the truth for once! And maybe say it in a nicer tone! And not be rude to people. Because rude people, usually don't go far in life.

And back to the Sultan Iskandar Customs Complex. The first problem I have is the bridge and the way it is designed.

  1. It is such a long winding road.
  2. Only two lane traffic for buses, cars and motorcyles?!?!?!! Are you insane?!!
  3. The cornering is so sharp! How do you expect a big ass bus to turn with cars on the left?!
  4. The entrance to the checkpoint is so fucking steep! Can you imagine what this would do to people with manual cars during traffic jam?!
  5. A separate station/booth/room for the PLUS toll. I don't see the need of them there considering we just have to tap the Touch 'n' Go card!
  6. Natural sunlight is blocked. So lights are needed to light up the area. Taxpayer's money wasted just on lights during DAYTIME!
  7. Ventilation is poor.
  8. Unnecessary designs are just gonna get blakened by the exhaust fumes. I suspect taxpayer's money is actually spent on these unnecessary floral designs.

The stupid lists just goes on and on. All I can say is, going into Malaysia is like driving into Genting. My feelings the moment I was in the customs, was.... anger and frustration. I am so frustrated at how the government handled the situtation. The fact that you need people to direct traffic in the customs means the design is flawed. Simple. Nothing to do with the new bridge. Building the bridge that Mahathir is so bent on won't solve the problem. I don't see how the new bridge will attract tourists. Neither do I see how it could help ease the traffic caused by the so many slopes.

All I can say is... it is just waiting for an accident to happen.

Btw, who the hell approves this construction?! FIRE THAT IDIOT!

Anyway, considering Malaysia never does maintenance, I expect the condition of the place to be so black of soot and lots of broken materials.

And btw, please terminate the services of your customs officers who just sit, chat, eat, smoke, and read newspaper in public during duty! What's worse is... they don't even inspect cars that goes into Malaysia. You can use the money to hire people who actually do their job for a change!!

And just let your Prime Minister do his job. Stop being so kaypoh!

0 new ideas: