Like what you read? Subscribe to Overthread now! I'm on overthread!

Sunday, November 23, 2008

The Good, The Bad, and The Weird



Last Monday, I went down to the movies with my boyfriend. Between the 2 available movies for screening for that time and place, we decided to go with The Good, The Bad, and The Weird; which is a Korean movie. The other option was Madagascar. I am not a big fan of animated movies. So it didn't really occur in my head to go watch that thing. So yeah, TG,TB,TW it is...

Three words: VIOLENT! COMICAL! BORING!

It is violent because there's so much bullet-riddled scenes. Eventhough my face showed distaste, I secretly loved it! Because I have never seen a Hollywood movie fit for the masses as violent as this movie!

The comical part is peppered here and there. Nothing that needs analyzing. Really idiot-proof jokes. But the pain in the butt is, you have to sit through almost an hour and a half to get to the comical part. The first one hour and a half....

Oklah... I'll just cut to the chase. Complete lack of plot. Basically just loads of gunshots. Movie running time is around 135 mins. Story development, or the lack of it, is incredibly slow. I just don't understand why people still find this movie great. It is ridiculously boring. I even dozed off for a few minutes!!! I would not suggest anyone watch this in the theaters or even on DVD. Just rip it for free on the internet.

The only good thing that came out of this movie was the clever use of cameras and panoramic views. And oh, Jung Woo-Sung is SO FUCKING HOT! He was the guy who acted in "A Moment To Remember". And in this movie, he acts as The Good guy who tries to hunt down the Finger Chopper.... who turns out to be THE WEIRD! Such a weird revelation. Didn't see that coming...


Sigh Sigh Sigh... Young Korean men are so sexy.

0 new ideas: