Like what you read? Subscribe to Overthread now! I'm on overthread!

Saturday, January 17, 2009

Soccer is not a beautiful game



I think it was a couple of weeks ago that I watched an English rugby match on a sports channel. And I realized how complicated and brutal the game is, to a point where blood is sometimes shed! And I felt the money they earn does not justify the amount of pain and body trauma they had to endure at every match... at least when I compared it to the salaries earned by the English football players.

The amount of fame and money that these footballers enjoy is, IMHO, a million times more than the rugby players. And all they had to do is to kick a ball and get all dramatic on the field (adds to the entertainment value!). All they will ever experience in their footballing career is sprained ankle, broken shin, or prolong damage to the leg area... Hence I don't think those players deserve that kind of money.

A rugby player's chances of getting paralyzed during a game is more severe compared to a footballer's. Thus, I feel, IMHO, they should be paid a lot more for the kind of danger they put their body in.

And therefore I feel that footballers are grossly overpaid, while the rugby players are underpaid.

Btw, have you seen how the rugby players treat their opponents and the referee; like gentlemen! Hence after watching that rugby match, I am certain that rugby is a game for gentlemen. And soccer are for hooligans... and over-rated as well.

0 new ideas: